Monday, April 21, 2014

Get Ready to Feel Old: Game Boy Turns 25 Today


I know, I know.  Its been quite awhile since I've posted anything.  There's been no shortage of news over the last two months, but unfortunately time has not been on my side lately.  Starting a new job will do that to you :)

Anyway, I just wanted to make a quick post today that will make everyone feel pretty bad about themselves:  Nintendo's Game Boy turns 25 years old today...

Yup, let that sink for a bit.  Unfortunately, I was never "lucky" enough to have a Game Boy.  I put "lucky" in quotations because by brother and I grew up with a Sega Game Gear, which is definitely a luxury problem and at the time thought was much better than Game Boy due to its color screen and better graphics.  However, in retrospect, it sucked pretty bad because of a lack of games and it's ability to drain 6 AA batteries in the matter of an hour.

Regardless, happy birthday Game Boy.  If you're interested in learning a bit more about the handheld console or have no clue what it is because you were born after it's time (jerks), Geek.com has a pretty good write up on the history of the device.

Did you grow up with a Game Boy?  If so, what was your favorite game or your fondest memory playing with it?  Let me know in the comments below.

As always, stay nerdy my friends...

Via: Geek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment