Thursday, February 16, 2012

Battlestar Galactica Coasters


I'll admit, I have yet to watch Battlestar Galactica, and after watching this, I may hold off a little longer.  However, if you're a big fan like some of my friends, these coasters are for you.

Quantum Mechanix (QMx) is currently taking pre-orders on sets of four, that are to be released in Q2 2012.  "Based on the original phoenix plaque that hung in the Galactica's CIC", each coaster measures 4.56 inches in diameter and .50 inches high. The emblem is made up of seven layers of precision-cast polystone covered with scratch-resistant glass and each is hand assembled and hand painted.  The set will set you back a cool $39.95, but given the build quality, I think it's a fair price for die-hard fans.

If interested, you can place your pre-order here, and also be sure to check out some of their other collectibles from Doctor Who, Firefly, Stargate SG-1 and more.

Via: Nerdist

No comments:

Post a Comment